Y’all, stay with me on this one. I promise it’s a goodie. I’ll also start with and recognize the fact that partners also annoy their quilters. i.e. Loading the dishwasher incorrectly, leaving the seat up, pulling the top sheet from under the mattress, and forgetting to take the trash out, but I digress.
Yesterday, my sweet friend shared this hysterical post with me: 45 Ways to Annoy Your Husband.
The best part of my day was then spent laughing and trying to figure out which number I was, or truthfully how many numbers I am. A lot. (8, 9, 11, 14 – all of us, 21 – and he should be thankful, 22 – oh my god, causes WWIII like he doesn’t have a million pairs, 39, 45 – like it’s my job)
And I really want to do 28, but I think he would actually break my finger.
This was the funniest thing I’ve read in a while and made me feel so much more normal. What does that say about me?
But then, then, then, the fabulous Laura of Little and Lots asked me, “OK where is “baste all the quilts in the floor space between the sofa and the TV, during football playoffs” because that is my specialty.” And that’s how we are here now. We’ll start with you, Laura. I hope you’ll play along.
How Quilters Annoy Their Partners
- Baste all the quilts in the floor space between the sofa and the TV, during football playoffs
- Baste the quilts in his office because it’s the only organized space in the house
- Pin needles. On the floor. When he walks around barefooted.
- Taking over the living room and quilting all weekend when he wanted to relax on the couch
- Overestimating the monthly budget for the newest fabric line (Every month)
- Quilting thread all over the living room rug, all the time
- Post Office runs to mail of blocks, charity quilts, quilts, pillows, giveaways, etc. Extra annoying if the partner has to go alone.
- Asking, “Did you read my blog post today?”
- Asking, “Will you edit my blog post?”
- Asking, “Will you come check out this block I made?” When the last block was inspected 20 minutes ago.
- Pouting if the answer is “No” to any of the above questions.
- Steal his starch when you run out, just to finish these last few blocks, and then forget to return it. Therefore making him late to work after searching for it. (Whoops, happened yesterday)
- Making more pillows to take over the couch. Especially when the partner hates pillows to begin with. Even more if he can’t find a place to sit on the couch.
- Taking pictures of random objects wherever you go for “quilting inspiration”. Gift bags, tissue boxes, restaurant floors, book spines, dress fabric, etc.
- Three words: Quilt Photo Shoots
- Making a quick run to the quilting store for “thread” and leaving 2 hours later.
- Every Christmas and birthday list including all fabric, notions, quilting magazines, and books.
- Talking about my quilting blogger friends like we hung out yesterday. (We did, duh)
- The noise your phone makes when someone commented on your blog.
- The purr of the sewing machine. 24/7. My husband calls it a growl.
So, let’s add to this list! Leave a comment on “How you annoy your partner as a quilter?” and I’ll keep adding to the list!